Ridge Thoughts

a blog to keep you up-to-date on what is going on at the ridge

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What's the Big Idea?!?


Man, am I fired up! I just got back from a great one-day conference at Granger Community Church near South Bend, Indiana. We talked about staffing and structure...and although many people wouldn't find that particularly exciting - the day held lots of great information and encouragement for me and Rollie. (my soon-to-be fellow pastor)

But even bigger excitement comes from a book I bought at Granger's bookstore called "The Big Idea". The Big Idea concept is about focusing in on one topic for a series of messages and then drilling down to include small group and students and childrens material. The Big Idea is also about long-term planning, collaboration, and creativity.

I doubt that the Ridge will implement all of the ideas from this book - but I am excited that many of the great ideas will help us become better at what we do. It is so cool to see how God is using creative people to share the Good News. Thanks to "The Big Idea" authors Dave Ferguson, Jon Ferguson, and Eric Bramlett. You can find out more about their book at www.bigideaonline.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home